- Lou and Carole Prato Sports Reporting Scholarship Winner 2013
- NAHJ votes to return to EIJ in 2015
- N.S. Bienstock Fellowship Winner 2013
- Money Matters: Get more interest on savings
German American Awards
November 30, -0001 12:00 AM
In addition to the bi-national exchange program between the United States and Germany, the RIAS Berlin Commission confers annual awards for radio, television, and online reporting.
The Awards commission seeks stories, pieces, reports, and newscasts that address an aspect of the relationship between our two nations. Reports can reference politics, economics, society, culture, or just current events.
The Awards ceremony is held each spring in Berlin. Award winners are notified in advance of their honor. Each award winner is invited to attend the award ceremony, and is provided flight and overnight accommodations in Berlin.
Entries may be single stories or multi-part series. There is no length requirement, so they can be short pieces, or long form projects. Entries should be submitted electronically, with links to the work contained in the body of the email. Entries must also include each applicant's name, address, preferred email, and telephone number.
A cover sheet with the following information (there is no application form) must accompany all entries:
• Your name, title, station, address, phone, fax and e-mail address
• Air date(s) of your story and its running length, or date(s) original material was generated/added to web site
• Title and a brief description of your story, or web site URL(s) and general description and/or background on site
• A brief description of your role in production of the story or submitted content.
• Radio and television entries must have aired and Internet entries must have been generated between January 1 and December 31, 2012. Entries must be received by the RTDNF no later than January 15, 2013.
• Awards ceremony will be held in Berlin in June, 2013.
For further information on any the RIAS Awards program, or any other aspect of our international fellowship program in Germany, please contact:
RTDNF German/American Journalist Exchange
The National Press Building
529 14th Street Suite 1240
Washington, D.C. 20045