RTDNA today released the slate of candidates for its 2017 election of officers and members of the Board of Directors. The RTDNA Constitution and Bylaws require the nominations committee to publish the list of candidates no later than 60 days before the opening business session of the Excellence in Journalism conference in Anaheim, Calif., September 7-9.
- Jerry Walsh: Vice President, Local Content Development, Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
- Loren Tobia (incumbent): Vice President, Sales and Business Development, Weather Metrics, Inc.
Director-At-Large (2 positions)
- Ellen Crooke: Vice President, News, TEGNA, Inc.
- Scott Diener: News Director, KMOV-TV St. Louis, Meredith Corp.
- Bernice Kearney: News Director, KSAT-TV San Antonio, Graham Media Group
- Tim Lambert: Multimedia News Director, WITF Radio, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Sean McGarvy (incumbent): Assistant News Director, KMGH-TV, Denver, CO, E.W. Scripps Co.
- Mark Willis: National News Anchor and On-Air Host, SiriusXM Radio Dallas
- Kimberly Wyatt (incumbent): News Director, WEAR-TV Pensacola, Fla., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
- Directors-at-large serve two-year terms. All voting members are eligible to cast ballots
- Corey Hanson, Executive News Director, KPTV-TV Portland, Ore., Meredith Corp.
- Erica Hill (incumbent): News Director, KCPQ-TV Seattle, Tribune Broadcasting
Region 2 Director
- Brandon Mercer (incumbent): Executive Producer, SFGATE San Francisco
Region 7 Director
- Jam Sardar (incumbent): News Director, WLNS-TV Lansing, Mich., Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Region 8 Director
- Andrea Stahlman: News Direcor, WLKY Louisville, Ky., Hearst Television, Inc.
Region 11 Director
- Tim Scheld (incumbent): Director of News and Programming, WCBS-AM New York, CBS Radio, Inc.
Region 12 Director
- Mark Kraham (incumbent): News Director, WHAG-TV Hagerstown, Md., Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
New This Year: Online voting by secret ballot begins Tuesday, August 8, 30 days before the opening business session at the Excellence in Journalism conference in Anaheim, Calif., on Thursday, September 7. The RTDNA Bylaws allow for additional candidates to be nominated from the floor of the opening business session, which will be held at 11:45 a.m. PDT on September 7, however votes cast prior to that time may not be changed. Voting concludes at 11:00 a.m. PDT on Saturday, September 9. The elections results will be announced at the closing business session of the Excellence in Journalism conference at 1:45 p.m. PDT on September 9.