RTDNA has presented the 2016 National Edward R. Murrow Awards, which recognize work of the highest quality produced by radio, television and online news organizations around the world, at its annual Awards Gala in New York City.
RTDNA awarded 103 national Edward R. Murrow Awards in 13 categories including Feature Reporting, Hard News, Overall Excellence and more. RTDNA received more than 4,300 entries during the 2016 awards season, setting an all-time record for the fourth year in a row.
For the third year in a row, ABC News Radio and ABC News (television) both won the Edward R. Murrow Award for Overall Excellence at the network level.
To receive an Overall Excellence award, a news organization must exemplify the highest standards in serving its audience through quality electronic or digital journalism.
Overall Excellence award winners in 2016 are:
- ABC News, New York (Network Television)
- ABC News Radio, New York (Network Radio)
- The Washington Post, Washington, DC (Large Online News Organization)
- Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting (Small Online News Organization)
- CTV Vancouver, Vancouver, AB (Large Market Television)
- WISC-TV, Madison, WI (Small Market Television)
- Minnesota Public Radio, St. Paul, MN (Large Market Radio)
- WDEL-AM/FM, Wilmington, DE (Small Market Radio)
Presenters for the event at New York's Gotham Hall, which drew a crowd of more than 400 people, included NBC's Lester Holt, ABC News Radio's Aaron Katersky, NPR's Michael Oreskes, ABC's Byron Pitts, CBS' Elaine Quijano and RTDNA Chairman Vincent Duffy.
A complete list of winners with links to the winning entries, along with complete coverage of the RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards Gala can be found at rtdnaedwardrmurrowawards.org.
For more updates, follow @RTDNA on Twitter and the hashtag #Murrows
RTDNA is the world's largest professional organization devoted exclusively to electronic journalism. Founded as a grassroots organization in 1946, RTDNA works to protect the rights of electronic journalists throughout the country, promotes ethical standards in the industry, provides members with training and education and honors outstanding work in the profession through the Edward R. Murrow Awards.