Please join us for a new webinar focusing on covering the Trump administration and the new challenges of the President's approach to the media. We'll examine techniques, angles, and ethical questions to guide newsrooms in covering President Trump when conventional paradigms have changed. This session is an example of the type of training you can expect at the RTDNA/SPJ/NAHJ Excellence in Journalism 2017 conference this September in Anaheim, CA.
Thursday, January 26 12pm ET / 9am PT
This webinar is available for $15 for non-members, and is FREE for members of RTDNA. To get your registration code, just log on to the RTDNA membership portal and make a note the registration code posted inside. Then when you click on the link below to register, click "Register" on the first page and then click "Enter promotional code" in the upper right corner on the next page to enter your registration code. Registration deadline EXTENDED for this webinar until January 25 at 11:59pm PT.
When you register, you'll receive two emails. The first email from "Eventbrite" will be your receipt.
The second email from "Any Meeting" will include a custom link you will need to click to join the webinar on
January 26 at 12pm ET / 9am PT. We'll also send you email reminders 1 week, 1 day and 1 hour before the webinar.
You must use the custom link contained in the Any Meeting email to log in to the webinar.
Topics we’ll cover:
- How to take your coverage to a higher level, looking at WHY not just WHAT is being said by the government
- How to handle denials or unusual restrictions to media access
- How to be transparent in covering deeply divisive partisan issues
- How to handle the new “fake news” campaigns to mislead the public
- How to make your newsroom beyond reproach as political coverage turns to the surreal