At RTDNA, our mission is to support and promote responsible journalism. We are always looking for actionable insights to help members and readers grow as news leaders. Volunteer contributors are sought for both regular columns and ad hoc pieces, all published on RTDNA.org and in our weekly Communicator newsletter.
We aim to share timely insights and advice on the issues and events impacting the broadcast & digital news industry today. We’re a platform for news leaders to discuss journalism’s most pressing questions.
- We are trustworthy.
- We are insightful.
- We are diverse.
- We are involved.
We’re particularly looking for pieces on:
- Industry foresight and trends
- Journalism ethics
- Career development
- News skills
- 500 – 1000 words
- Organize with subheadings or bullets
- Keep brief and to-the-point
- Visuals are encouraged
We publish several types of pieces.
- Informational – Alert newsrooms to issues they should be following.
- Educational – Demonstrate a concept through case studies, examples, or experience.
- Advice – Provide replicable action items for news leaders.
- Personal reflections – Offer thought-provoking or inspirational thoughts.
If your organization would like to share a professional development or training opportunity with RTDNA members, let us know.