The Radio Television Digital News Foundation provides training programs, seminars, scholarship support and research in areas of critical concern to electronic news professionals and their audience.
As the educational arm of the Radio Television Digital News Association, RTDNF offers professional development opportunities for working and aspiring journalists and journalism educators. The Foundation's primary objectives include:
- Promoting discussion of ethics and integrity in news coverage
- Developing leadership skills among news professionals and sound management practices in news organizations
- Encouraging diversity in news organizations and in news coverage
- Assessing the impact of technological change on the news industry
- Fostering exchanges of ideas and perspectives at the local, national and international levels
- Supporting U.S. First Amendment rights, worldwide press freedom and the public's right to know