Ed Bradley Scholarship
In 1994, RTDNF presented the first Ed Bradley Scholarship. Since then, 18 young and aspiring journalists have received the award created by the late CBS News and 60 Minutes correspondent.
Ed Bradley received the Paul White Award from RTDNA in 2000. The Paul White Award recognizes an individual's lifetime commitment to excellence in journalism. Bradley received the First Amendment Award from RTDNF in 2005 in recognition of his support of the First Amendment rights guaranteed in the Constitution.
ED BRADLEY APPLICANT CRITERIA:
- Must be officially enrolled in college and have at least one full academic year remaining.
- Must be a fully enrolled college sophomore or higher to receive scholarship.
- Must apply for only one scholarship.
- May be enrolled in any major so long as your intent is a career in electronic journalism.
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR ED BRADLEY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
1. A completed application form submitted online only. All applications must be submitted by May 31, 2013.
2. A cover letter, submitted with the online application including these topics:
- Discuss your current and past journalism experience.
- Describe how you would use the funds if you were to receive the scholarship.
- Discuss your choice to pursue a career in electronic journalism.
- Include in your cover letter 3-5 links to your best and most relevant work samples to the scholarship for which you are applying. Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces. Entrants are encouraged to upload their work samples to sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud and other platforms, then inlude links to these samples in the cover letter. Entrants are also encouraged to provide a link to their personal website, if this is available, or social media platforms if they are used professionally. Please discuss your role in each of the pieces (producer, editor, reporter, etc).
3. A letter of recommendation from your dean, faculty advisor or intership advisor, submitted with online application.
Past Ed Bradley Scholarship Winners
2012 Jacey Sisneros Click here to view some of Jacey's work
2011 Emanuele Berry Click here to view some of Emanuele's work
2011 Reema Khrais, Honorable Mention Click here to view some of Reema's work2010 Lance Frank Click here to view some of Lance's work
2009 John Ketchum Click here to watch an interview with Ketchum2008 Brandon Lewis
2007 Jennifer Borget
2006 Jacqueline E. Cutler
2005 Belia Mayeno Saavedra
2004 LaKendra Tookes
2003 Jonathan Michael Martin
2002 Esther You
2001 Rodney Dunigan
2000 Joel Brown
1999 Aneesh Raman
1998 Bernad Choi
1997 Nicole Gomez
1996 Nischelle Turner
1994 Tisha Thi
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2013