The Excellence in Journalism Conference is seeking 12 interns for the EIJ News. Interns will cover the EIJ13 conference in a variety of ways (video, audio, photos, written stories) that will be displayed online. Collegiate student multimedia journalists are invited to apply for these select positions.
This year’s conference is set for August 24-26 in Anaheim, Calif. Selected interns will need to arrive in Anaheim on Friday, August 23 and attend a mandatory 3 p.m. staff meeting. The internship ends Tuesday, August 27 at noon.
- Energy, talent, great ideas and a good attitude
- Your transportation to and from Anaheim
- Interns will be responsible for providing their own tools capable of capturing video, audio and photos. They must also provide their own writing tools (i.e. laptop).
- Selected interns will have out-of-pocket expenses to cover. (Examples: Meals not provided by EIJ13 and incidental room expenses).
- Complimentary convention registration
- Complimentary accommodations at convention hotel (Four nights will be covered and interns will be paired with another intern for rooming purposes).
- Some, but not all, meals
- Mentoring by professional journalists
- Networking venues
- A place to showcase your talents in front of many professionals
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in journalism or a related field
- Not graduate before the start of the internship
- Be available to be in Anaheim from August 23-27, 2013.
Applications will be accepted via mail. The following must be submitted or your application will not be considered:
- Completed application (above)
- Cover letter (attach as PDF or Word document)
- Résumé (include three references with complete contact information and attach as a PDF or Word document)
- Up to three working links or attached files with multimedia content you have produced, such as audio or video packages, slideshows, text, etc.
Note: Membership in SPJ or RTDNA is not mandatory to apply; however, preference will be given to members of RTDNA and SPJ during the selection process. Past interns of SPJ’s The Working Press or RTDNA’s Student Press are not eligible to apply.
Application postmark deadline: 11:59pm ET, on March 19, 2013
Applicants will be notified of their status by April 19, 2013.
Questions about the EIJ News?
Contact Heather Dunn, Director of Events, at 317/927-8000 ext. 204 or via email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: As an EIJ News intern, Excellence in Journalism retains all rights to the work you produce during the conference as part of your internship.