Scholarship & Fellowship Information
The Ed Bradley Scholarship | The Carole Simpson Scholarship | The Pete Wilson Journalism Scholarship | The Presidents Scholarship | The Lou and Carole Prato Sports Reporting Scholarship | The George Foreman Tribute to Lyndon B. Johnson Scholarship | The Mike Reynolds Journalism Scholarship
Scholarships for Graduate Students
The Abe Schechter Graduate Scholarship | The Pete Wilson Scholarship
RTDNA offers fellowships to minority journalists and to medical and national security beat reporters. Winners are also invited to the Excellence in Journalism conference.
Click here for more information on RTDNF fellowships
Scholarship and Fellowship Winners Express Appreciation
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR ALL APPLICATIONS:
1. A completed application form submitted online only.
2. A cover letter, submitted with the online application including these topics:
- Discuss your current and past journalism experience.
- Describe how you would use the funds if you were to receive the scholarship.
- Discuss your choice to pursue a career in electronic journalism.
- Include in your cover letter 3-5 links to your best and most relevant work samples to the scholarship for which you are applying. Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces. Entrants are encouraged to upload their work samples to sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud and other platforms, then inlude links to these samples in the cover letter. Entrants are also encouraged to provide a link to their personal website, if this is available, or social media platforms if they are used professionally. Please discuss your role in each of the pieces (producer, editor, reporter, etc).
3. A letter of recommendation from your dean, faculty advisor or intership advisor, submitted with online application.
Please contact Katie Switchenko at email@example.com if you have any questions about RTDNF scholarships and fellowships.
Resources like this are made possible by donors like you to the Radio Television Digital News Foundation.
Click on the button below to make your donation today: