Does your school have an RTDNA Student Chapter? If the answer is “no,” it’s time to start one! RTDNA Student Chapters provide extraordinary opportunities to members, including access to innovative education and resource tools, networking with professionals in radio, television and online news, featuring on our website and newsletter, and more. RTDNA is always excited to welcome new members to our RTDNA family.
Click here to view our current student chapters
READY TO START A CHAPTER?
- Become a member. Each chapter needs a faculty/staff advisor and 5 student members to form.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- A welcome packet with tips on getting started, ways to recruit members, and ideas for programs.
- Member discounts to RTDNA events, like the annual Excellence in Journalism conference.
- Access to RTDNA research, trainings, workshops, and the RTDNA professional network.
- Chapter events periodically featured in our newsletter.
- Opportunities to submit pieces for our website.
- A chapter must have a minimum of five RTDNA students members in good standing, with national dues paid, to form and remain a chapter.
- A chapter must have a university faculty or staff advisor who teaches or helps produce broadcast journalism and is an RTDNA member.
- A chapter must submit a copy of the RTDNA Student Chapter Constitution, signed by the faculty advisor and chapter president, to RTDNA.
- A chapter must submit an annual report to RTDNA each spring.
For questions, contact Karen Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org