- Are you having trouble logging in to the awards site at awards.rtdna.org with the login information from last year or the login saved by your computer’s web browser? Last year’s login information expired after last year’s entry deadline. The accounts no longer exist, so password recovery will not work. You’ll need to create a new account, which will be valid just through this year’s deadline.
- Are your membership login credentials not working at awards.rtdna.org? That’s because membership portal logins are separate from the awards system. You’ll want to create an award account by clicking “Get Started”
- Not sure what category to submit your entry in? Reviewing past winners can be a great way to get a feel for the categories.
- Make sure you are in the correct region and category! Be careful with the drop down menus, or your local feature may be competing against Region 1’s breaking news.
- Should your piece win, the entry title and media organization will be printed on your award as you listed them on the entry form. Check for spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- Keep the brief description brief. The entry form will cut off and not allow longer descriptions. If your category calls for a more in-depth overview, attach a supplemental pdf or word doc.
- Can my entry run over the time limit? Yes, but judges will only review content up until the time limit. Use discretion. Submitting a 12- minute video in a category with a 10-minute limit is more reasonable than a 60-minute piece, which would make the judges think your entry is a mistake.
- Double check your links! Send your entry link to a colleague to make sure they can review. Entrants using YouTube in particular: Be sure to submit publicly accessible links, not your YouTube administrator link.
- Your link does not need to be on YoutTube or Vimeo but must be live through at least the end of the year.
- Make sure your files have attached to your entry. Confirm that your link(s) and any supplemental files have been successfully attached to your entry before submitting. Every year, a few completely blank entries are submitted. Take a moment to ensure that's not you.
- Password protected link? Make the password clear in the description box.
- Not getting the member discount? Make sure your membership is up-to-date before you enter. If you would like to take advantage of the member discount, be sure your membership is current and is verified on the entry form before you confirm your entries and pay the non-member fee.
- For membership questions, contact Karen Hansen.
- Made a mistake on your submitted entry? Don’t panic, and don’t create a duplicate entry! STOP and contact Award Manager Kate M., who will be able to help you fix any errors.
- Save a copy of your confirmation email. The 4-digit confirmation number helps us find your entries if there’s ever an issue.
- You don’t need to submit all of your entries at once! Have some more work you want to submit after the early-bird deadline? Pay for the complete entries in your cart and log back in anytime through February 18, 2021 to submit addtional entries.
More tips for strong entries | Other Frequently Asked Questions | Complete rules and categories
GET ENTRY HELP
GET ENTRY HELP