RTDNF is pleased to announce that 12 producers, reporters and editors from across the country have been selected to become fellows in Germany this October as part of our ongoing relationship with the RIAS Berlin Kommission. 2014 continues the 21st year of the partnership between RTDNF and RIAS, which has taken more than 600 electronic journalists to Germany.
The fall German/American Journalist Exchange Program will run from October 5-18. Sponsored by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, the program will feature briefings with senior German political and diplomatic figures in Berlin, special media briefings and visits in Cologne, and then a day each with the EU and NATO in Brussels, Belgium. The electronic journalists selected for this program are:
- Anthony Advincula, Editor-Writer, Pacific News Service, New York, NY
- Kevin Beesley, Editor, NPR, Washington DC
- Catherine Berger, Producer, ZDF Television, Washington, DC
- Miranda Dotson, Producer, WRAL-TV, Raleigh, NC
- Jennifer Feldman, Assignment Editor, CNN Midwest Desk, Atlanta, GA
- Shawn Flynn, Managing Editor/Senior Reporter, Time Warner Cable News, Charlotte, NC
- Matt Hilburn, Internet Writer/Editor, Voice of America, Washington, DC
- Michael Pope, Reporter, WAMU 88.5, Washington, DC
- Sharon Raifer, Producer, WNBC-TV, New York, NY
- Jim Rowbottom, Writer/Producer, CNN Newsource, Atlanta, GA
- Lisa Voyticki, Anchor/Reporter, WMBC-TV, West Caldwell, NJ
- Kate Zickel, Senior Producer, Voice of Russia Radio, Washington, DC
“We’re delighted to welcome a new class of fellows to such a popular program,” said Mike Cavender, RTDNA/RTDNF Executive Director. “Over the past two decades, participants often describe it as one of the most memorable and valuable experiences of their career.”
Since 1994, RTDNF has administered this media fellowship as part of its German/American Journalist Exchange Program with the RIAS Berlin Kommission. The first application deadline for the 2015 program in Germany and Europe will be February 1, 2015. The deadline for RIAS Awards for stories presented on European or German/American coverage will be January 15, 2015. For further information on the RTDNF Germany fellowship or the bi-annual program in Germany, visit our German Exchange program page or contact Jon Ebinger at email@example.com.
RTDNF is a 501 (c) 3 educational institution that promotes excellence in electronic journalism through research, education and training for news professionals and journalism students. Affiliated with the Radio Television Digital News Association, RTDNF's programs are supported entirely by charitable contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, RTDNA members and other individuals.
About RIAS Berlin Kommission
The RIAS Berlin Kommission is a bi-national organization established in 1992 to promote understanding between the United States and Germany in the field of broadcasting. Each exchange program is fully financed by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, a non-profit, non-governmental organization.