- Supports U.S. First Amendment rights, worldwide press freedom and the public’s right to know.
- Promotes discussion of ethics and integrity in news coverage.
- Develops leadership skills among news professionals and sound management practices in news organizations.
- Encourages diversity in news organizations and in news coverage.
- Assesses the impact of technological change on the news industry.
- Fosters exchanges of ideas and perspectives at the local, national and international levels
We are grateful for the many contributions we receive each year from individuals like you, which have enabled RTDNF to work for journalists, including:
- More than 500 student journalists who have received one of the Foundation’s scholarships
- More than 1,000 broadcast journalists who have participated in the RIAS program, our unique transatlantic exchange for US and German professionals.
- Countless newsroom leaders who have benefited from RTDNF’s education and training
Thank you to all the friends of the First Amendment who have helped RTDNF support responsible journalism so far this year, particularly the members of the Oldfield Founders Circle, who are ensuring the future of journalism by building RTDNF's Endowment.
We don't know what threats press freedom will face in the years to come, but RTDNF is setting aside funding to ensure journalists can pursue the constitutional duty to seek and report truth in perpetuity. While gifts to the RTDNF General Fund assist the Foundation in training journalists today, supporting Permanent Endowment Fund ensures journalists will be protected for years to come.
Please share this page with friends of the First Amendment you know:
Federal Tax ID: 38-1860090