2022 Open Seats
- Chair-elect (3-year term: 1 as chair-elect, 1 as association chair, 1 as foundation chair)
- Director-at-large (2 seats)
- Region 3 Director (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming)
- Region 4 Director (Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
- Region 5 Director (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska)
- Region 6 Director (Oklahoma, Texas)
- Region 9 Director (Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi)
- Region 10 Director (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- Region 13 Director (Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands)
- Chair-elect: Be an active member of the association in good standing, including TV News Director/Manager, Radio News Director/Manager, TV News Staff, Radio News Staff, Online and Emerging Media News Professional, New Professional, Educator, Life and Retired, and have served on the Board of Directors for at least one year.
- Director at Large and Regional Director: Be active members in good standing, including TV News Director/Manager, Radio News Director/Manager, TV News Staff, Radio News Staff, Online and Emerging Media News Professional, New Professional, Educator, Life and Retired for at least one year. Candidates for or holder of the office of regional director must have a primary residence and be employed within a DMA in that region. Candidates for or holder of the office of RTDNA Canada/International Director must be employed outside the United States.
- Read important election information:
- Fill out this form to let the Nominations Committee know you’re interested
- Chat with a Nominations Committee member about what it takes to serve on the RTDNA/F Board of Directors and ask questions about the commitment
- When you’re ready to officially declare, email our Elections Team at email@example.com and the RTDNA staff will be in touch with next steps based on the timeline below.
Guidelines for Campaigning
- Each candidate is offered the opportunity to publish a public statement and headshot on the RTDNA Election Homepage.
- Each candidate will have the opportunity to submit three additional campaign messages which may include text, links and an image. These messages will be compiled by RTDNA and sent to voting members by region (or to all voting members for association-wide seats), with candidates’ materials presented alphabetically.
- Due dates for materials will be set each year based on the conference-determined election dates. Late materials will not be accepted.
- Send dates are subject to change based on RTDNA communications priorities and breaking news.
- Candidates may not use the RTDNA logo on campaign materials.
- July 6: Candidates’ public statements, headshots and first campaign message are due
- July 28: Second candidate campaign message due
- August 15: 30 days of online voting begins
- August 30: Third candidate campaign message due
- September 15: Opening Membership Meeting at RTDNA22; all candidates have the opportunity to address the membership (5-minutes for Chair-elect, 2-minutes for Directors)
- September 16: Voting ends (1 p.m. Eastern); candidates are notified of election results; results are publicly announced at Closing Membership Meeting
- September 17: Newly elected board members attend post-RTDNA22 board meeting
If you are interested in being considered for RTDNA leadership and volunteer opportunities, let us know here: