The 2014 application period is now open. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND APPLY Deadline to apply is May 2, 2014.Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive
N.S. Bienstock Fellowship
An award established in 1999 by N.S. Bienstock, Inc. owners, Richard Leibner and Carole Cooper. N.S. Bienstock is a leading talent agency in news and reality-based programming for more than 35 years and is a long-time member of RTDNA. This award recognizes a promising minority journalist in radio or television news.
2013 Winner: Patricia Guerra
Michele Clark Fellowship
In addition to the $1,000 award, winners of the Michele Clark Fellowships are invided to attend the Excellence in Journalism conference.
2013 Winner: Chanteé Lans
2012 Winner: Rosa Flores
Vada and Col. Barney Oldfield National Security Reporting Fellowship
In addition to the $1,000 award, winners are invited to attend the Excellence in Journalism conference.
Jacque I. Minnotte Health Reporting Fellowship
In addition to the $2,000 award, winners of the Jacque I. Minnotte Health Reporting Fellowship are invited to attend the Excellence in Journalism conference.
- May only apply for one fellowship
- Past fellowship winners may not apply for a second RTDNF fellowship
- Must have fewer than 10 years as a professional journalist
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR ALL APPLICATIONS:
1. A completed application form submitted online only.
2. A cover letter, submitted with the online application including these topics:
- Discuss your current and past journalism experience.
- Describe how you would use the funds if you were to receive the fellowship.
- Discuss your choice to pursue a career in electronic journalism.
- Include in your cover letter 3-5 links to your best and most relevant work samples to the scholarship for which you are applying. Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces. Entrants are encouraged to upload their work samples to sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud and other platforms, then inlude links to these samples in the cover letter. Entrants are also encouraged to provide a link to their personal website, if this is available, or social media platforms if they are used professionally. Please discuss your role in each of the pieces (producer, editor, reporter, etc).
3. A letter of recommendation from your news manager, submitted with online application. If you are a news manager, include a letter from your general manager.
Please contact Karen Hansen at email@example.com if you have any questions about RTDNF scholarships and fellowships.
Resources like this are made possible by donors like you to the Radio Television Digital News Foundation.
Click on the button below to make your donation today: